Locomotives

   
   

Trains of Seaford

   
   

††† Steam trains were used on the Delaware Railroad from 1856 until about 1957. Diesel trains came to Seaford in the 1940ís during World War II. Both steam and diesel trains were used from the 1940ís to 1957. Passenger, freight, and mail trains were used at the beginning of the railroad. Passenger service was discontinued in 1965. Only diesel trains are used today.

   

Links

Home

Coming of the RR

Stations

Present

Locomotives

Bridges

History Review

References

     

Conrail diesel engines were first used at the Seaford Station in 1976.

 


A Norfolk Southern diesel engine in use today.