Grades 3-5 Half-Day Tour
One of Two Sites
Option 1: Governor Ross Farm (2.5 hours)
- Tour the Ross Mansion and Slave Quarter
- Experience life on a farm in the 1800’s
- Learn about the economic impact of Governor Ross’s efforts to bring the railroad to Seaford
- Play Victorian-era games and observe a working loom
- Opportunity to purchase Victorian toys, books, ornaments, etc. at the gift shop ($0.25 – $20)
- Lunch location can be arranged.
Option 2: The Seaford Museum (2 hours)
- Follow a timeline of Delaware and U.S. history from our first inhabitants to the dawn of the 21st Century.
- Identify local natural resources and economic factors relating to trade, growth of a town, child labor laws, the poultry industry, and DuPont nylon.
- Experience hands-on activities
- Learn about how Harriet Tubman led Tilly to freedom though Seaford
- Opportunity to purchase books and gifts of local interest, including Harriet Tubman and railroads.
- No lunch location available at this time.
Tours can be modified to meet academic needs
Half-Day Tours: $3.00 per person
Minimum number of students: 15
One Adult Required for every 10 Students
1 staff member admitted free for every 10 students
No Tours of Ross Mansion on Fridays or Saturdays
For more information: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 302-628-9828