Pursuant to Delaware regulations, and until further notice:
- Indoor gatherings outside of homes must be limited to 30 percent of the venue’s stated fire capacity, up to a cap of 50 people. This includes all events, such as weddings, funerals, services in houses of worship, performances, political gatherings, and events in public spaces including fire halls.
- Outdoor public gatherings are limited to 50 people. Up to 250 may be allowed with a plan approved by the Delaware Division of Public Health (DPH).
- See Governor’s order HERE
The Seaford Historical Society has fully restored Ross Mansion, a rare Italian Villa style brick home that was once the home of Governor William Henry Harrison Ross and his family. The Mansion is a beautiful setting for any small event (maximum 40 people) – from weddings to business meetings.
The historic Ross Mansion grounds are also available for rental and offer an attractive country setting. If you opt for an outdoor event, mature hardwood trees on the lawns and by the stately Mansion provide shade for guests. We also provide parking for over 200 cars.
Our newest indoor venue is the Ross Station Wedding Venue and Community Event Center. Ceremonies can be held on the beautiful grounds with a reception in Ross Station. A variety of community events can be held in Ross Station in either the large ballroom (Heyssel Hall) or in the smaller multi-purpose room. Ross Station offers a catering kitchen, restrooms, an overhead projector and drop-down screen, soundproofing, a flat screen television and an entire building sound system.
We are pleased to partner with the community by making the historic Mansion, scenic grounds, and the Ross Station available to rent for outdoor or indoor weddings, receptions, shows, or other events. Non-profit organizations receive a rental discount.
The outbuildings are furnished as museum exhibits and are not available for rental but make wonderful backdrops for outdoor ceremonies and photography.
Below are some of the events that can be held at Ross Mansion, Mansion Grounds and Ross Station:
- Wedding Ceremony
- Vow Renewals
- Wedding Reception
- Wedding Rehearsal Dinners
- Wedding Showers
- Baby Showers
- Business Meetings
- Day Retreats
- Corporate Functions
- Nonprofit Meetings/Events
- Private Parties
- Holiday Parties
- Dinner Parties
- Memorial Services or Receptions
- Family Reunions
- Nonprofit Fundraising Events
- Photography Location
Learn More About
The Seaford Historical Society thanks you for considering the Governor Ross Mansion and Ross Station in your event planning. If you would like additional information about our venues – including pricing, terms and conditions – please complete the Contact Form.
Visit our Wedding Wire profile, click the button below.