We’d Love to Have You Join Our Team!
Seaford Historical Society volunteers make all the difference. From greeting visitors at Ross Mansion or the Seaford Museum, to party planning, to minor repairs, to lawn clean up and more, we have plenty of opportunities for people who want to volunteer a little … or a lot. Volunteers are not required to be members of the Seaford Historical Society.
Are you in Middle School or High School? Become a YOUTH VOLUNTEER.
Areas always in need of volunteers are:
- Historical Society Librarian (see below)
- Mansion and Museum Guides and Greeters
- Buildings and Grounds Maintenance
- Education Outreach and School Tours
- Special Events (e.g., Teas, Victorian Christmas, Fall Festival, etc.)
We are proud of what we have accomplished to date, but we can always use your help, your talents, and your enthusiasm! Please complete the contact form on this page or call the society’s office (302-628-9828) to volunteer and help out wherever you can.
Library Position Open: The Seaford Historical Society is seeking someone to maintain our existing collection of documents, books, and photographs and catalog new acquisitions as they arrive.
- This is a VOLUNTEER position
- Location: The Seaford Museum (203 High Street)
- Hours: Flexible (set own schedule)
- Experience: Library training welcome, but not necessary
- Qualifications: Must be organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated. Must be proficient with email and computer word processing.
- Membership: The Librarian does NOT have to be a member of the Seaford Historical Society.
- Job Sharing: This position may be filled by more than one person.
This position is perfect for a retiree, stay-at-home parent, or person with a flexible work schedule who is looking to spend an hour or two a month out of the house!
If interested, complete the Volunteer Application (at right or below) or call the Seaford Historical Society office at 302-628-9828.